Dual Channel Loop Detector
Loop detectors are usually added into any automatic gate or barrier systems as it gives the users the choice to open gates and barrier automatically as the vehicles approach exit and entryways. By the use of an inductive sensor, only vehicles (not pedestrians) will trigger open the gates - an awesome option for added security and convenience.
The Beninca dual channel loop detector is an automatic gate sensor that uses a microprocessor and surface mount technology. This allows the unit to carry over a host of functions while incorporated into a small but powerful package. This loop detector is one of the easiest to set-up and install and is works well with most dual channel detectors in the market today.
It is designed for use in parking areas and access control applications. For new installations, users need to purchase a unit with a relay base.
How does this channel loop detector work? The dual channel loop detector is attached to an inductive loop that is mounted on the road surface. As vehicles pass through the loop, a detector triggers the activation of an output, which will automatically open the barrier.
- Reset Switch - allows manual reset during commissioning and testing that can re-tune the sensing loop and prepare for vehicle detection.
- Switch Selectable Sensitivity - has eight sensitivity settings that allows flexibility during configuration.
- Switch Selectable Frequency - allows prevention of cross-talk between adjacent loops on varying detectors.
- Selectable N/O or N/C Relay Output - has internal jumpers that enables output relay contacts for configuration during normally open/close contacts.
- Extend Option - extends the presence output relay for an additional of two seconds after the vehicle has passed through the loop.
- Direction Logic - enables the loop detectors to provide a vice versa pulse output on relay for vehicles travelling from one loop to another.
- Pulse Relay Selection - allows for configuration of detect relay for pulse output. It is also ideal for detection of vehicles as it exits the loop.
- Selectable Pulse Time - allows users to set the pulse relay energised length from 1 second to 0.2 second.
Power Supply: LD200 - 200 - 260VAC 50 Hz 1.5VA
LD201 - 100 - 120VAC 60 Hz 1.5VA
LD201 - 11 - 26VAC/DC 50/60Hz 95mA Max
Presence Relay Mode: 0.5A/220VAC (Fail Safe- normally energised)
Pulse Relay Mode: 0.5A/220VAC (Non Fail Safe - normally deenergised)
Response Time: Approximately 120 ms After Vehicles Enter Loop
Indicators LED Indicators Show: Power, Detect State and Loop Fault
Detector Tuning Range: 15 - 1500 uH
Loop Frequency: Approximately 23 to 130 KHz (Multiplexing)
Environment Tracking: Automatic Compensation
Protection: Loop Isolation Transformer with Zener Diodes and Gas Discharge Tube
Connector: 11 Pin Connector on Rear of Unit
Dimensions (H x W x D, mm): 80 x 40 x 79 (excluding connector)
Operating Temperature: -40 °C to +80 °CStorage Temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C